From the President
I can hardly believe it’s back-to-school time already. It sure seems like it’s been a short summer. Perhaps our busy lives just make the time go faster. Our brand-new ER has been open for a few months, and it has made emergency care easier and more comfortable for our patients, physicians and staff.
All in all, it’s been a good year here at Lutheran. We’ve received recognition from a wide range of agencies and organizations that track hospital quality and safety, such as:
- Healthgrades®—America’s 100 Best Hospitals Award™
- Truven Health Analytics—Named the SCL Health Denver-area hospitals (Good Samaritan Medical Center, Lutheran Medical Center and Saint Joseph Hospital) among the top 15 health systems in the country
- The Leapfrog Group—Ranked “A” for patient safety and quality
- The Pathways to Excellence® nursing designation
- The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Honor Roll for stroke care
- The Women’s Choice Awards® America’s Best Hospitals for Patient Experience; Obstetrics, Heart Care, Stroke Care and Patient Safety; and America’s Best Breast Center
These awards are just one factor to take into consideration when you are choosing where to go for your health care. But as your community hospital, Lutheran is the place that you rely on for your health and well-being, and we take that responsibility very seriously.
Grant Wicklund, President & CEO